Fowler-Larson Allies Award
The Allies Award is presented in honor of Dr. Ron Fowler and Pastor Knute Larson, whose intentional personal/professional relationship crossed racial, cultural and congregational barriers. The Fowler-Larson Allies Award is given to Christian faith leaders who model the “allies spirit.” Recipients will be chosen from the local church or para-church community in the Greater Akron area. This honor is awarded to persons in the Christian community; therefore, it is not an inter faith award.
- Be persons of utmost integrity and good moral character
- Demonstrate their Christian faith and witness in the community
- Treat people with dignity and respect regardless of their faith status
- The individuals must be from separate local church or para-church ministries, representing differing backgrounds
- Their relationship must demonstrate an intentional effort to build bridges of understanding between diverse races, cultures or congregational traditions
- Must have a history of serving in a recognized ministry position with a local church or para-church within the Christian community in the Greater Akron area. Bi-vocational individuals are eligible.
- The Executive Director of The Love Akron Network is not eligible for this award.
Should you have additional questions, please contact Sarah at (330) 384-8124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.